In the wake of Thanksgiving celebrations, we’d like to take a moment to give thanks to the incredible caregivers that dedicate themselves to improving the lives of seniors. Both professional assisted living caregivers in TX and loving family caregivers play a key role in granting aging adults the ultimate gift of a happy, comfortable, and fulfilling retirement.
Professional Caregivers: At the Heart of Assisted Living
Professional caregivers truly are the beating heart of any assisted living facility in TX, and none of the important work we do at Argent Court would be possible without them. Expert caregivers dedicate themselves to providing the highest quality and attentive care seniors deserve. Not only do professional caregivers enrich the lives of those they care for, but they often also become a shining light for the whole family.
In light of Thanksgiving, let’s reflect on the wonderful work of professional caregivers in the US and beyond. Their compassion, patience and skill give seniors the opportunity to live out the retirement they always dreamed of – whether it be in assisted living, nursing care or their own home. Offering dignified personal care and support with activities of daily living, professional caregivers stop at nothing to enhance the lives of the seniors in their care.
But the work doesn’t stop there. Aging can give rise to a whole host of emotions for both seniors and their families, and professional caregivers provide far more than practical support. With their deep knowledge of the struggles families face and the big decisions they have to make, professional caregivers can offer families a valuable listening ear and the support they need.
Professional caregivers also grant much-needed respite to exhausted adult children, nieces, nephews, and other relatives caring for a loved one. Being a family caregiver is rarely easy, and as a loved one’s health declines, many find themselves in need of additional support. With the help of professional caregivers, families can rest easy knowing their loved one is receiving the expert care they need.
National Family Caregivers Month
Of course, it’s not only professional caregivers that improve the lives of aging seniors, but the devoted family caregivers working tirelessly to provide their loved ones with the compassionate care they deserve. Juggling jobs and families of their own, and often sacrificing hobbies and social lives, these heroes are driven by the love in their hearts, and we will always recognize their efforts.
November is National Family Caregivers Month; a time dedicated to raising awareness of topical issues in the caregiving community, while also thanking the family caregivers we personally know and love. Alongside professional caregivers, family caregivers are relied upon by aging seniors throughout the US. Despite other pressing responsibilities, family caregivers selflessly put the needs of their loved one first.
Professional assisted living and family caregivers have a lot in common and make an excellent team; after all, they both put their heart and soul into the care of aging seniors. When the health of a senior declines and they develop needs greater than those family members can provide, professional caregivers are ready to step in with the helping hand and listening ear family caregivers need. Ultimately, professional caregivers allow family caregivers to rediscover other important areas of their lives, safe in the knowledge that their loved one is happy and healthy.
Every day, professional and family caregivers show up with a smile on their face and love in their hearts, and for their continued devotion to the seniors they love and care for, we are truly grateful! At Thanksgiving and beyond, let’s continue to recognize their incredible contribution to a kinder society. Though Thanksgiving and National Family Caregivers Month may be ending for 2021, it’s never too late to show the family or professional caregivers in your life that you appreciate them.
5 Simple Ways to Thank A Caregiver:
- Tell them how amazing they are. Write them a card, give them a call, or meet up for coffee. Oftentimes, the efforts of both family and professional caregivers go unnoticed. Let them know that you see them and appreciate them.
- Offer a family caregiver practical support. One thing many family caregivers struggle with is time! Maintaining a family, work and social life while caring for a loved one can be challenging. Offering to pick up groceries or run some errands for them can be a simple but effective way to help out.
- Get them a gift. Because nothing says “I appreciate you” like a bunch of seasonal flowers, a box of their favorite chocolates or a voucher for a place they love!
- Help a family caregiver with their loved one’s care. If you’re also close with the person a family caregiver looks after, offer to give them a day off every once in a while. Burnout is common amongst family caregivers, and giving them a day to rest and recuperate will likely be greatly appreciated.
- Speak to a professional caregiver’s employer. If there’s a particular professional caregiver you’d like to show your appreciation for, speak to their manager or assisted living facility to make sure they’re recognized for going above and beyond.
And to all the wonderful family and professional caregivers out there, we’re eternally thankful for your unrelenting kindness, commitment and love!